BBBS Bowl for Kids’ Sake event coming up
Van Wert independent/BBBS information
ST. MARYS – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mercer, Auglaize, and Van Wert Counties is hosting its 21st annual Bowl For Kids’ Sake Fundraiser. This year the event will be held on Sunday, March 13, at Plaza Lanes in Celina and Olympic Lanes in Van Wert.
There are already more than 100 bowlers registered to help make a difference in the life of a child living on their street, around their block, or in their neighborhood.
Bowl for Kids’ Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters largest fundraiser and the agency receives over 25 percent of its funds from this event. Therefore BBBS depends greatly on community members to participate in this event. This year, the organization is also having a Bowling Pajama Party with lots of fun and great prizes.
It is easy to participate:
- Ask family members, friends, co-workers, etc. to be part of a team and call BBBS at 419.394.2990 or 866.670.2227 or email email@example.com to register the team.
- Each member has to raise at least $40 in pledges by asking family, friends, teachers, co-workers, and others to sponsor or create a First Giving Page online.
- Bring pledges to the fundraiser site the day of the event and be entered to win lots of great prizes.
The bowler that raises the most money will receive an overnight stay in a whirlpool room at the Best Western in Wapakoneta, a car wash book from Westwood Carwash valued at $55, a $20 gift certificate to JT’s Place, a $10 gift certificate to Bob Evans, and a travel blanket donated by Van Wert County Hospital.
Each bowler that raises $40 receives a game of bowling, t-shirt, donation to BBBS, and is entered to win a three-month YMCA membership, tickets to the outdoor show Tecumseh!, or a tote full of local goodies. For every $50 bowlers raise, their names will be entered into the prize package of their choice. These prize packages include the following:
- Mercer County Package – Overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Celina, Gift certificate to Family Video, $20 gift certificate to CJ’s Highmarks, and $25 gift certificate to McSports
- Auglaize County Package – Overnight Stay at the Country Hearth, $50 gift certificate to SecurCom, $20 gift certificate JT’s Place, and $25 gift certificate to Varsity Lanes
- Van Wert County Package – Tickets to Sauder Village, $10 gift card to Family Video, and other various gift certificates
- Cincinnati Reds Package – Overnight stay at the Comfort Inn in Piqua and Cincinnati Reds tickets
- Columbus Package – Tickets to the Columbus Funny Bone, an OSU football helmet, and an OSU necklace set
For every $100 bowlers raise, their name will be entered into the GRAND PRIZE, which is an overnight stay at the Great Wolf Lodge, tickets to the Newport Aquarium, and admission tickets to the Cincinnati Zoo.
During the event, BBBS will be giving out door prizes and having a best-dressed contest. Those chosen as having the best/craziest/weirdest pajamas on will win a great prize. In addition, tickets will sold to win a 1990 red Chevrolet Corvette. BBBS will also be selling tickets to win a Vera Bradley set. All raffle tickets are three for $5 or one for $2. Lastly, there will be a 50/50 drawing between all of the bowling alleys. Last year more than $150 went to the winner!
For those unable to make this great event, there are plenty of other ways to help BBBS. Area residents can start by making a donation to BBBS at www.firstgiving.com/bbbsmac or creating their own First Giving Page. Area residents don’t have to participate in the event to create a page and help raise money for a great cause: community young people.
Area residents can also ask their employers to be a lane sponsor for $125 or to sponsor a child in the program for $50. Those who can’t afford to make a monetary donation, but have some spare time may find that becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister would be a better option. BBBS currently have more than 50 kids waiting for BBBS to find them the perfect Big Brother or Big Sister.
For more information on how to participate in Bowl for Kids’ Sake 2011, contact Big Brothers Big Sisters by phone at the above telephone numbers or above email address.
BBBS is a partner agency of the United Way of Auglaize County and United Way of Van Wert County.